As Guidance counsellors our primary role is to be an advocate for students and to provide students with opportunities to assist with decision making and goal setting.
Why See Guidance…
- Course selection
- Organize student class schedules
- Research post-secondary opportunities
- Compose letters of recommendations
- Provide support and direction for students dealing with personal issues
- Individual education and pathway planning (IPP)
- Alert students to opportunities which they may not have found on their own (volunteer, scholarship, employment, enrichment)
- Organize career, employment and post-secondary information sessions.