Hello students and Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year at Monsignor Doyle Catholic Secondary School.
We are aware that the start of the new school year can increase student (and parent) anxiety and stress, especially during these unprecedented times as we reopen schools. Guidance staff are here to support and work with students to ensure a positive start to the school year. One of the biggest requests by students is to have their courses changed. Course changes will be significantly limited this year due to class sizes being restricted to help maintain social distancing and to minimize student exposure to multiple classes.
Any student interested in changing their Quadmester 1 courses must do the following before September 9th at 3pm:
- Complete an online course request change form ←Click Link
- Have your parent/guardian email your Guidance Counsellor that they approve of the request for course change (this is not a guarantee the course change can be made).
- Guidance will then contact students via phone, email or call into classes.
Course changes impacting quadmester 2 or semester 2 require an appointment with your guidance counsellor at this time.
Please be aware that guidance will be prioritizing “Essential Changes” according to the criteria below:
- In grade 9, 10 or 11 and do not have 8 courses on their timetable
- Failed a course last year and no longer have the prerequisite for a course on their timetable
- In grade 12 or year 5 and do not have enough courses on their schedule to reach 30 credits/graduate by the end of this year.
- Level changes (for example moving from academic to applied)
- Missing a prerequisite course for entry into a post-secondary institution.
Please be aware that we cannot accommodate teacher requests or requests to be in classes with friends
Mr. Schade, Mr. Marschall, Ms. Manders and Mrs. Myers